Saturday, November 27, 2010

What's Love Got To Do With It?

As I begin my journey, it didn’t take long to realize which path I should be heading. My marriage has been on the rocks for several years now. No matter how hard I’ve tried, I just couldn’t seem to make it work. This was B.C. of course (before Christ). Now that I see that I can do nothing without God, things are much different.

I started looking to Scripture for help. I didn’t have to read too far before stumbling across 1Corinthians 13:4-7

"Love is patient, love is kind, it does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud, it is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres."

Here I’ve been so quick to place the blame on my husband for why our marriage was heading to the dumpster when, right there in black and white, was a huge part of the problem. I hadn’t been holding up my end of the bargain; I hadn’t even come close! Reading these words stung with such a force that I knew I had to do something. I wanted to be a more loving person. I wanted to love like these verses talked about, but how?

I’ve decided to spend the next couple of weeks studying these traits. I want to learn more about them in order to apply them to my own life. I’ll begin with patience (which is something I seriously struggle with) and work my way through the list. My goal is to become a more loving wife, mother, and person in general.

No comments: