Saturday, November 27, 2010

The Walk Begins

So many times I’ve tried and so many times I have failed.

My repeated attempts to become a better person through self-help books, New Year’s resolutions, and other such nonsense led to a life of bitterness, disappointment, and downright discouragement. I truly wanted to change but there had to be a better way. I just couldn’t take the failure anymore. That’s when I stumbled across this verse in Romans 7:24 –

“What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death?”

That’s when I realized it wasn’t me who needed to change me; it was the Lord. I began some serious soul searching and discovered I’ve never really had a relationship with Him. Sure, I thought about Him from time to time (usually only when things were really bad), but I never actually bothered to get to know Him. I finally invited Jesus in and gave my life to God.

I’ve begun a spiritual journey to learn more about the Lord and His will for my life. I want to change from bitter to better and I now know I can only do so through Him. I invite you along for the journey. Keep your hearts open and we shall see where He takes us as I begin my walk with the Lord.

No comments: